cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding another dialer without additional hardware

voiceops
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, We're running IPCCE 6 and we already have a dialer configured with 10 ports and I wanted to know if I could add another instance of the dialer without having to add another server (hardware) and split the ports between them.

Under the ICM Configuration Manager/Outbound Option/Dialer, I have a dialer configured as:

Dialer Name: COO1

Computer Name: XXXXXXDialer

Peripheral Name: CCM1

Ports: 10 ports

1. Can I click on the Add button and add another dialer? lets say COO2 and split the ports between them; 5 each?

2. Is this possible without adding additional hardware?

3. how would adding an additional dialer work?

4. What impact would it have on my existent configuration?

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

You can run the Dialer on the PG in UCCE 7.2 and later - in fact, Cisco recommend that. In the version you have, if I remember correctly, another box was stipulated.

A Dialer can have up to 96 ports. I don't see why you would want a second Dialer when you only have 10 ports. What are you trying to achieve?

Regards,

Geoff

We have 2 business units running different dialer campaigns at different times and overlapping times also. We wanted to make certain campaigns go out specific ports so those calls would show a different calling number.

Currently we can only tell a campaign how many ports (of the 10) to use but not which ones.

I have a similar problem,, I'm running UCCE 11.6 with a SIP Dialer 1500 port capacity. I'm using a couple of hundred port on the dialer now. Want is involved to increase its thr dialer port capacity? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: