Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation Pattern

Brian Carlson
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

My SIP provider sends me all ten digits. I am trying to configure a translation pattern that would strip all but the last four digits.

Let's say my telephone number is 281-330-8004, I would like the gateway/CUCM to ring extension 8004.

How can I properly configure this? Is it better to configure the translation pattern on the gateway or on CUCM?

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's better to not configure any, unless you have a good reason to use a TP.

Under SIP trunk (or any GW, trunk, etc) there is a field called significant digits.

It defines how many digits from right to left CUCM should consider for routing.

Set it to 4 and only the last 4 digit will be used for routing within CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

The route pattern to the SIP trunk should have the checkbox to use the external phone number mask to be used, or to place the mask on the route pattern.

HTH

java

HTH

java

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's better to not configure any, unless you have a good reason to use a TP.

Under SIP trunk (or any GW, trunk, etc) there is a field called significant digits.

It defines how many digits from right to left CUCM should consider for routing.

Set it to 4 and only the last 4 digit will be used for routing within CUCM.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks, that was just was I needed to resolve this issue. :)

I made that change, and now external callers just see the last three digits as their incoming caller-id.

For example, my number is 281-330-8004, if I call my cell phone I see a caller-id of 004. Any ideas? Thanks!

Set the Mask on each phone to send 281330XXXX and it will send the number as 10 digits and the last four will be your users ext.

Or you could put in your company main number and that will be what is sent out. the sig digits will only apply to inbound.

Is there anything else I could check? I have set my mask to 281330XXXX and it's still sending out 004 as the caller-id.

Thanks!

The route pattern to the SIP trunk should have the checkbox to use the external phone number mask to be used, or to place the mask on the route pattern.

HTH

java

HTH

java

That fixed it, I just checked "Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask" on the route pattern and caller-id is now working as expected.

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: