Question about the spanning-tree priority statement

rshum
Level 1
Level 1

I have the following statements in my config:

spanning-tree vlan 1,20,27-28,30,32-64 priority 28672

spanning-tree vlan 72-88,90,92,96-101,104,106,160-163,200,202 priority 24576

spanning-tree vlan 204,206,250-251,254-255,264,800,980,999,1030 priority 24576

These were put in from when the switch was originally installed a few months ago. Now I want to add a vlan with a priority of 24576.

Will it just append itself to one of the existing lines or will it create a new statement? Spanning tree is a bit of an issue here and I don't want to make any changes that might cause a massive reconvergence of the network.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Roland

Doesn't really matter whether it adds it to existing line or creates new one. What does matter is if you change the priority of a switch for that vlan STP will need to recalculate for that vlan and only that vlan. So this sort of thing is best done out of core production hours.

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Roland

Doesn't really matter whether it adds it to existing line or creates new one. What does matter is if you change the priority of a switch for that vlan STP will need to recalculate for that vlan and only that vlan. So this sort of thing is best done out of core production hours.

Jon

Thanks for the help gave me the answer I was looking for.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card