Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-CUE on 2811 voicemail problem

aircouture
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have been crashing my head for the last week over this problem, please help. We have a 3rd party voip service provider connected to our 2811 with CME+CUE over cable modem connection. AA, internal forwarding, internal voicemail, mwi's are working the way we need. Only one problem we have that incoming caller from sip trunk cannot leave messages. The weird thing is that it is getting routed to the correct voicemail box and you can hear the usual greeting "please leave a message after the tone", but nothing gets recorded. The codec we use is g711ulaw, I have been trying to configure with and without primary E.164, disabling firewall etc. nothing works. For one second I was able to leave messages if the call was picked up and transferred to another extension's voicemail box, but lost the track of what I did after that. Attached please see somewhat cleaned configs for both CME and CUE. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

3rd PARTY ASTERISK<------>CABLE MODEM<------>CISCO 2811 (eth1/0) | (eth0/0 unnumbered to CUE)<------>LAN

6 Replies 6

virverma
Level 4
Level 4

Could you tell me what codec used by the phone on other side of SIP trunk?

Hello, we use g711ulaw on our side. How am I making a call from my cell phone for example to our provider's Asterisk/Trixbox portion I dont really know.

Thank you

Things looks correct at your side,

but I have seen issue in SIP side when other end on sip trunk is not able to transcode the codec or does not have capability to understand the other codec if they are using different at their end,

then call has been established but no audio or RTP streams flow

Thank you for a fast reply. Everything you say sounds right with the only exception that I had a previous setup with this same trunk except it was running 2620xm router with same NM-CUE and instade of 7.1CME it was running 4.1. It seemed to me this could be a call routing issue.

could you tell me which IOS you are using,

i researched on similar issues and seem like need latest IOS, 12.4(3)T

Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 12.4(24)T1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2009 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Fri 19-Jun-09 15:13 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(1r) [hqluong 1r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

CISCO uptime is 1 day, 14 hours, 37 minutes

System returned to ROM by reload at 06:50:50 UTC Tue Oct 20 2009

System restarted at 22:52:02 PST Mon Oct 19 2009

System image file is "flash:c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.124-24.T1.bin"

Cisco 2811 (revision 53.50) with 772096K/14336K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID FTX1018A0HJ

2 FastEthernet interfaces

1 terminal line

2 Virtual Private Network (VPN) Modules

1 cisco service engine(s)

DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity enabled.

239K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.

250880K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: