cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add Outside code to the number from missed calls

k1tesurfer
Level 1
Level 1

We have 0 as Outside code to dial external numbers.

Incoming external numbers must be 0 + 9 digits in order to match MOC contacts

If users try to dial from Missed/Received Calls the call can't be completed as initial 0 is missing.

I can't add another Route pattern as it will conflict with existing one (I don't want users to wait for interdigit timeout).

Can you guys recommend a solution to this problem?

14 Replies 14

I can't change Calling Number. It should match exactly match phone numbers configured in user's contacts.

what is the ccm/cucm version ?

Can you also give a sample call flow ?

CUCM 6.1.3

Call flow is very simple

Call is coming from H.323 with the following calling number: 0412345678

I can't change that number. Because we are using RCC with MOC integration and I need to preserve exactly this number.

To call outside we use 0. pattern. So for a call to be successful the called number must be translated to 00412345678

But I already have another pattern 0.[2-9]XXXXXXX

If I create a translation from 0.[2-9]xxxxxxxx to 0.0[2-9]xxxxxxx when it will be two same patterns with different lengh and users calling to the first pattern will have to wait for inter-digit timeout (5 seconds) before call will be placed.

Is it a way to configure translation pattern in a way not to collide with existing pattern?

Hi, I assume that the RCC with MOC (whatever that is...) has calls routed to it via CTI Route Points or is an application on the users PC that integrates with the CUCM via TAPI or JTAPI.

If thats the case then the only way I can see to get this working will be to create a translation rule on the H323 gateway that prefixes the calling number with an additional 0 and associating this with the voice-port. Problem is though is that will also add a 0 to the calling number presented to your application and that doesnt need that additional 0. I have worked on applications that require the same config (added leading 0 so you can return missed calls via the missed calls list on the phone but preserve the original number for screen popping) and the way that is achieved is that the application has a parameter to strip a leading digit.

If your application doesnt have this then I dont see how you can achieve your task. Perhaps you need to speak to the manufacturer and ask them.

You could also use Translation Patterns on the CUCM and edit the Called Party Transformations called party transform mask (you will then need to create new partitions and CSS's to capture the inboumd call a route it successfully) but you will still have the same issue as above.

Anyway, good luck with this and if you do find a way of getting it working please post your solution.

Paul.

What can I do is to normalise(make them E.164 standard) all numbers from AD and Address books.

After that I can do the same with incoming Calling numbers but show as localised on the phone and MOC. I think it is possible to do only in CUCM verson 7, I'm still investigating it.

Basically I need a phone to show localised number but dial back with all neccesary outband prefixes.

skravens0929
Level 1
Level 1

Just go to service parameters ----device --phone....and change the incoming national calling number. This will only change it at the phone not anywhere else. I just did it for our cluster and it worked perfectly.

do as Shane has said to go into service parameters - Call Manager Service, but you will have to hit Advanced settings. You would add 0 in incoming calling party subscriber, 01 for National and 0011 for international or whatever your local, long distance and international dial rules are supposed to be.

Ok, I've added 0 prefix in service parameters. And I can see that prefix on incoming calling numbers in Microsoft Office Communicator as well.

Therefore that additional digit breaks Caller ID recognition :(

Okay, let's go the other way - is it possible to configure Route pattern in such way, that if user dials 10-digit number as one block (through Directory) the call go through, but if user dials it digit by digit when stop waiting for another digits and route the call after 8 digits?

All you need to do is add a translation rule on the gateway to prefix 0 to the incoming number eg.

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /^0/ /90/

rule 2 /^1/ /91/

rule 3 /^2/ /92/

rule 4 /^3/ /93/

rule 5 /^4/ /94/

rule 6 /^5/ /95/

rule 7 /^6/ /96/

rule 8 /^7/ /97/

rule 9 /^8/ /98/

!

!

voice translation-profile INCOMING

translate calling 2

translate called x

Works everytime !!

I think you got me wrong.

I don't want to translate visible calling number.

Let me explain in this way:

Users want to see number appearing on their Phones as normal number without any prefixes....

Did you add it to the phones section or the pri section? Also, if you added it to the phones section, I would guess that the office communicator is acting as an end device as well. It states that adding the prefix to the phones should not affect other services. Adding it to the PRI section will.

I've added to the Phone section. Looks like MOC is getting calling ID number from SIP trunk of CUPS. and it's showing in Missed calls with additional 0 :(

As I said earlier, these end applications usually have an option to allow you to strip leading digits. Have you checked whether your MOC has this ability? Its worth a call to the manufacturer / support team to find out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: