Unanswered Question

Hello all,

I'm currently configuring Voicemail, it's all going well, but I got a small problem and I need some help.

Hardware/Software we are using:

Cisco 3825 Router with a NME-CUE Module.

Cisco 7975 IP Phones

Cisco IOS Software C3825 ADVIPSERVICESK9-M

Software Version 12.4(15)T9 / CME 4.1(0)

GUI Version (Compatible with IOS 12.4(15)T)

Cisco Unity Express Version 3.1

When I call my own IP Phone(Extension 1002) with another IP Phone (Extension 1001) and I don't pick up, the call gets forwarded to Voicemail. That works fine.

Now when an external call comes into my IP Phone and I don't answer, I get the message "there is no mailbox associated with this extension".

Refering to this document, page 96:

I've read in this document that a dialplan-pattern might cause this problem and I think it does for me, because I do have a dialplan-pattern configured and also my extension has a primary e.164 number.

This is the config I have:

dial-peer voice 4000 voip

description Cisco Unity Express Voicemail

destination-pattern 1999

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:xx.xx.xx.xx

dtmf-relay sip-notify rtp-nte

codec g711ulaw

no vad

dialplan-pattern 1 7657210.. extension-length 4 extension-pattern 10..

ephone-dn 3 dual-line

number 1002 secondary 765724099

pickup-group 1205

label GB

name Grant

call-forward busy 1999

call-forward night-service 1023

call-forward noan 1999 timeout 10

mwi sip

night-service bell

show ephone-dn 3 shows:

Station name Grant, Station number 765721002.

I'm guessing that I have 3 numbers configured to my extension 1002. The document says;

"Cisco Unity Express can associate up to two numbers with a mailbox (the Primary Extension and

the Primary E.164 Number fields in the Cisco Unity Express user profile). A call containing either

of these two numbers will correctly enter the mailbox for this subscriber. If you have more than two

numbers that must be mapped to a single mailbox, those numbers must be translated on the call agent

to match the Primary Extension or the Primary E.164 Number fields before the call reaches

Cisco Unity Express."

I know this pretty much answers my question, but what method should I use to do this? Because I've read there are multiple ways to manipulate digits. I'm guessing I should use Voice-translation.

And which of the 2 numbers are registered to my mailbox? 1002 and 765721002?

Thanks in advance.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion