Views
Helpful
Replies

Fiber Optic Problem in Catalyst 2960G

atparreno
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Im having an error GBIC_Security_Crypt-4-VN_DATA_CRC_error: GBIC in Port gigabitethernet0/24 has bad crc when I insert the TEG-MGBSX Mini-GBIC Multi Mode module. Heres the info of my switch

Cisco IOS Software, C2960 Software (C2960-LANBASE-M), Version 12.2(35)SE5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

ROM: Bootstrap program is C2960 boot loader

BOOTLDR: C2960 Boot Loader (C2960-HBOOT-M) Version 12.2(25r)SEE1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Echo-Backbone uptime is 2 hours, 23 minutes System returned to ROM by power-on System image file is "flash:c2960 lanbase-mz.122-35.SE5/c2960-lanbase-mz.122-35.SE5.bin"

cisco WS-C2960G-24TC-L (PowerPC405) processor (revision E0) with 61440K/4088K bytes of memory.

Switch Ports Model SW Version SW Image

------ ----- ----- ---------- ----------

* 1 24 WS-C2960G-24TC-L 12.(35)SE5 C2960-LANBASE-M

Thanks

4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using a cisco gbic , cisco are very fussy about using non cisco gbics and may not work if it's not.

You _could_ try the hidden configuration command "service unsupported-transceiver". It will disable the checking of the SFP but also comes with a legal warning that you might be out of support from Cisco, if they determine that the problem you are reporting could be caused by using an unsupported transceiver.

HTH

Thanks for the reply, can you give me a product of supported transceiver in catalyst 2960G?

Thanks again.

Hi, see:

Cisco Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver Modules Compatibility Matrix

Table 4

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.html#wp128965

Note: these are all Cisco branded Transceivers. Other vendors are not meant to be supported even when I know they work sometimes but not supported by Cisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card