SPA504G , SPA502G, SPA509G Firmware upgrade

Unanswered Question
Oct 21st, 2009
User Badges:

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for new  firmware for the SPA 504, 502, 509 phones. (currently 7.1.3)

They were delivered with firmware version 7.1.3. However I never found were to download this firmware or newer firmware for them.

I was only able to download firmware for the SPA 525, which as far as I understand cannot be uploaded to the previously mentioned models.

In other forum posts I've read that this models are the same as SPA9xx. However when downloading firmware for SPA9xx phones, the newest firmware version number is 6.1.5. This looks to me like an older firmware build that the one currently used (7.1.3). Also I'm not sure if I can go ahead and upload SPA9xx firmware on SPA50x phones, since I have no acces to the currently used firmware (to make a rollback in case things go wrong).

Any help is greatly apreciated:)

Sebastian

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Alberto Montilla Wed, 10/21/2009 - 05:49
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Sebastian;

Responses inline.

sebastian.gabris wrote:

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for new  firmware for the SPA 504, 502, 509 phones. (currently 7.1.3)

They were delivered with firmware version 7.1.3. However I never found were to download this firmware or newer firmware for them.

[Alberto] This is the latest firmware available, that's why no new firmware is posted on cisco.com

I was only able to download firmware for the SPA 525, which as far as I understand cannot be uploaded to the previously mentioned models.

[Alberto] You are right.

In other forum posts I've read that this models are the same as SPA9xx. However when downloading firmware for SPA9xx phones, the newest firmware version number is 6.1.5. This looks to me like an older firmware build that the one currently used (7.1.3). Also I'm not sure if I can go ahead and upload SPA9xx firmware on SPA50x phones, since I have no acces to the currently used firmware (to make a rollback in case things go wrong).

[Alberto] These models are similar but superior in functionality than SPA9XX. The firmware for these product lines are different, so you cannot exchange FW between these models.

Any help is greatly apreciated

Sebastian

Regards
Alberto

sebastian.gabris Wed, 10/21/2009 - 06:10
User Badges:

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for the help. I will wait then for a new firmware release.

Is there any automated mechanism (e.g rss feed)  to receive information about new firmware releases?

Regards,

Sebastian

giuseppe-giordano Tue, 06/12/2012 - 09:46
User Badges:

hi

i have a problem with web interface SPa502G i m not access on advanced mode on web gui help me please i wont to configure sip account.

Tk

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content