After I imported a device into DFM, It's stuck at Questioned State

It's shown as

*** Data Collector Status Information ***

Error Code = Snmp Timeout

Error Message = N/A

then I tried capturing packets and rediscovery again

I've seen only 16 Ping packets between LMS and Device

but I haven't seen any SNMP packets from LMS to Device

( I've tried SNMP Walk from Device Center and it's work )

So I think DFM has any problem on Window 2008 ?

because I have another LMS3.2 on Window 2003 but it's work normally

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does the device respond to the pings? In order for DFM to be able to manage a device, it must be ICMP-reachable. Also, what version of SNMP are you using with this device?

Yes, I've seen ICMP-Request and Reply

and there is no other packet after 8 ICMP-Request,Reply

then the device go to SNMP Timeout state

We're using SNMPv2

You could be filtering on the wrong IP address to see the SNMP packets. DFM is typically correct when it says SNMP Timeout. An internal problem has a different error. If a full filter on udp/161 doesn't reveal any packets, I suggest you open a TAC service request so debugging can be enabled for the EMC portion of DFM to see what's happening during the data collection process.

I will open a TAC

Thank you jclarke

supachaih
Level 1
Level 1

Dear K araya krub

I have same problem with you.do you solve this problem yet krub.Could you tell me pleased krub.

Best Regrads

Supachai H.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What type of device is this?  What is its sysObjectID?  What version of SNMP are you using?  Have you tried restarting the Daemon Manager?  DFM has no problems managing devices on Windows 2008.

Dear K jclarke

I used with Router 2821 and Router 7609 by SNMP version2. I ever to restart my server but not working yet.

I  close firewall and delete the DFM.rps and DFM1.rps files under NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf.  Then, add one device to DFM, and  it to go into a Known state. 

But when I open Firewall (have allowed already UDP 161 snmp) , It go to Questioned again. How should i do with firewall on Server 2008 ?

supachaih
Level 1
Level 1

I close firewall and delete the DFM.rps and DFM1.rps files under NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf.  Then, add one device to DFM, and  it to go into a Known state. 

But when I open Firewall (have allowed already UDP 161 snmp) , It go to Questioned again. How should i do with firewall on Server 2008 ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: