cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My WRVS4400Nv2 ports don't exceed 20-23 MB/s

fons
Level 1
Level 1

My WRVS4400Nv2 LAN ports don't exceed 20-23 MB/s, although my ISP modem provides 50 MB/s.

So testing the internet connection speed directly from my IPS modem gives me the full 50 MB/s and when I test the internet speed from eighter port 1 trhough 4 this is connectedspeed is only about 20 MB/s.

How and/or what do i need to change at my WRVS4400Nv2 router to resolve this issue.

Thanks for your advise,

Fons.

3 Replies 3

wichilds
Level 4
Level 4

Fons,

Try diabling the IPS function. Since you already have IPS (unless you mean ISP modem) you don't need this function. It should improve your throughput. Also make sure your firmware is the most up to date version.

Bill

Woow thanks Bill,

I now have a troughput of approx. 45MB/s still not 50 MB/s as directly from the ISP Modem's WAN, but twice as much as before.

And i have indeed have the latest firmware (2.00.7) installed

Best regards,

Fons.

Fons,

As a follow up to your question, the throughput on this router with the IPS enabled is 10-15 MBps. I am impressed that it was able to handle that kind of throughput, (most likely because there is not a load on it from a functioning network) with the IPS enabled. This info is straight from the Product Manager.

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: