Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 wont bootup

prakadeesh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I tried to boot up a c3750G switch after a long time from my store room. I can see all the lights in the front( not the lights on the ports, but only the system oriented lights in the sides) lit and the switch is kind of in a forzen state.Nothing happens beyond that and the lights remain lit. The console connection also seems to be frozen. I cant break using putty, so that I can get to rommon. Pls help is my 3750G busted? Is there anyway I can retreive my switch?

thanks,

Prakadeesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If its failing POST , you have to replace it. If you don't see anything in the console while booting try different speeds on your terminal emulator maybe someone changed the config register otherwise you will have to replace it.The 3750 as long as you are the original owner and it was registered with cisco at the time of purchase should replace it free of charge. Contact cisco on this.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Prakadeesh,

Was that switch functional before you have left in your store? Is it possible that it was somehow damaged before you stopped using it?

Is the console completely blank even if you leave the switch running for, say, an hour?

Best regards,

Peter

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the reply. I have not tried for leaving the console for an hour but atleast for 10 minutes and nothing happened. The switch was working previously. All the LEDs on the sides stay lit up. I am just wondering if the switch is fialing POST. How do I fix it if thats the case :(.

thanks,

Prakadeesh

If its failing POST , you have to replace it. If you don't see anything in the console while booting try different speeds on your terminal emulator maybe someone changed the config register otherwise you will have to replace it.The 3750 as long as you are the original owner and it was registered with cisco at the time of purchase should replace it free of charge. Contact cisco on this.

Cool!! thank you so much for the guidance. I will check the registration and process.

i`ve come to this prob and you need to upgrade the IOS it`s bug actually.

Thanks

How do you upgrade it if there is no output from the console port and it won't bootup ???

sorry i actually misunderstood ur request it seems that ur flash memory is broken or somehow inaccessible but i wonder why the u can`t access the rommon !!! but i guess if the rommon is broken that means ur switch is down physically and the ebst wat is to open a case with Cisco TAC if it still under support but i guess there is a prob with putty otherwise... to be continued

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: