Views
Helpful
Replies

L2TPv3 help required

osiristrading
Level 1
Level 1

Good day all

I'm having an issue implementing L2TPv3 between two sites. I am issuing the xconnect command to the subinterface which I want to connect, and I get this error:

"Incompatible with ip address command on Fa0/0.2"

Now I need the IP on the interface as hosts point to it for routing purposes. Is there a way to work around this problem?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jason,

unfortunately you would need a second subinterface using same Vlan-id on a different Fastethernet port to provide both L2 and L3 services to the same vlan.

something like

int fas0/0.2

enc dot1q 2

ip address 10.2.2.1 255.255.255.0

int fas0/1.2

enc dot1q 2

no ip address

xconnect ...

with both interfaces connected to L2 trunk ports of an external LAN switch.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks Giuseppe. I will give that a try.

OK I've managed to get the commands entered, but I cannot ping (or even ARP) for hosts the other side of the link.

One the one side of the link I am running the xconnect on a subinterface, but on the other the xconnect is on the main interface (there are no subinterfaces). Could this have something to do with the problem?

Hello Jason,

>> One the one side of the link I am running the xconnect on a subinterface, but on the other the xconnect is on the main interface (there are no subinterfaces). Could this have something to do with the problem?

I would say yes

try to have xconnect on subif also on the other site.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks! Working perfectly.

Hi There

Can you please share the configs of your routers involved in L2TPv3 tunnel along with the sub interfaces.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card