cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

10 Digit Dialing in CT

mx
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all. Pretty soon we will need to be required to dial 10 digits for all outgoing calls. Is there a 'how to' doc around for updating call managers (mostly 6.1.2/6.1.3) to accomodate this? I just want to be sure I dont leave any stones unturned.

Thanks

Bob

1 Reply 1

Are you using an H.323 gateway or an MGCP gateway? I would recommend always sending 10 digits to the PSTN (at least in North America) even if the local telco allows 7 digit dialing. It's just cleaner and less ambigious. Especially if you have redundant gateways in other areas.

The thing to look at is the route patterns that are defined for off-net calls. Are you using the NANP filer (the @ 'wildcard', ala 9.@) or do you have fixed-length patterns (such as 9.XXXXXXX)? If you use the fixed length, all you need to do is drop the 9 and prefix the area code. If you are using the wildcard, it gets more complicated with route filters.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: