cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Module question

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Im going to ask this question in here, because it seems the most logical place since most of you have probably seen this before, because of telephony needs. I have a 2821 router and I have a situation where I need to put 8 FXO modules in this router. The first 4 seem easy enough, but the last 4 modules seem to need a larger module to hold the smaller 4 modules in the slot. Im trying to figure out either the name of that larger module or the part number for it, as I cant seem to find it. Any help on that would be appreciated. Plus, does that one larger module host 4 smaller ones?

Much appreciated for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

NM-HDV2 can host 2 VIC2 modules.

Note, if you're trying to terminate get 32 FXO (4 x 8), your best choice would be to front-end the router with a channel bank, and use E1.

This because it's is very expensive and cumbersome to have that many FXO interfaces in router.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

NM-HDV2 can host 2 VIC2 modules.

Note, if you're trying to terminate get 32 FXO (4 x 8), your best choice would be to front-end the router with a channel bank, and use E1.

This because it's is very expensive and cumbersome to have that many FXO interfaces in router.

Thanks, I appreciate the quick response. Yeah, the T1 in this case would be ideal, but its more of a time issue (next week) of getting facilities in. But, this part number you gave is what Im looking for and I appreciate the help. Thanks friend.

Insist on the T1 no matter the time needed. You will be saving a nightmare of troubles that I cannot stress enough.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: