LMS - DFM notifications groups empty

Unanswered Question
Oct 21st, 2009

Device summary showed 125 known devices and 10 in questioned status.

Notification groups when I try to add the first one give me that I have no known devices !

DFM is running 3.1.1 and I have reinit the DB (inv, epm, fh) yesterday because all devices were then in questioned status.

Any ideas?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
robetrem Wed, 10/21/2009 - 10:12

Maybe that could help you

one device is stock in questioned not for snmp timeout !

Yesterday all devices was stocked like this (internal data collection error)

Joe Clarke Wed, 10/21/2009 - 10:16

Is this really DFM 3.1.1, or is it 3.0.1? What does the Notification Group screen look like?

Joe Clarke Wed, 10/21/2009 - 10:36

Thanks. But I wanted to see what happens when you click on "Add" in the first screenshot. What does that next screen look like?

robetrem Wed, 10/21/2009 - 10:44

Check the first file attached on my second reply - second screen

Joe Clarke Wed, 10/21/2009 - 10:54

I've gone back through them all, and none of them show what I want to see (at least I don't think). Are you saying when you click the Add button, you immediately get the error dialog stating that there are no devices in the known state?

Joe Clarke Wed, 10/21/2009 - 11:16

Try reinitializing the three databases again, but this time, also reinitialize the EMC repositories. to do this, delete the DFM.rps and DFM1.rps files under NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf. Then, add one device to DFM, and wait for it to go into a Known state. Then see if the Notification Group can be created.

robetrem Wed, 10/21/2009 - 12:37

Each time I try to add I got the following entry in the NOS.LOG

21-Oct-2009|16:29:41.312|ERROR|NOS|TP-Processor3|NGroupWizard|setOGSFilter()|.|Exception while getting OGS filter: java.lang.Exception: Group: [email protected] does not exist

Joe Clarke Wed, 10/21/2009 - 18:24

Has the hostname of this server changed? Is shsjcwk01 still the hostname?

robetrem Thu, 10/22/2009 - 05:33

We have recreate the server when I had installed 3.1 because windows 2003 was initially not installed right. Does the name is lowercase/uppercase sensitive ? Maybe we have done a mistake ?

Attached are 2 others screens that showed you the groups configuration in CS and in DFM. The displays seem to be strange to me ! Can you check ?

Joe Clarke Thu, 10/22/2009 - 07:44

The case sensitivity of groups used to be a problem in DFM a long time ago, but that has since been fixed. However, the DFM OGS information in the cmf database may be bad. There is a procedure to clean out this information without losing any of the DCR info, but you will need to contact TAC, and have them walk you through it. This could very well solve the problem you're seeing with Notification Services.

This Discussion