cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS - DFM notifications groups empty

robetrem
Level 1
Level 1

Device summary showed 125 known devices and 10 in questioned status.

Notification groups when I try to add the first one give me that I have no known devices !

DFM is running 3.1.1 and I have reinit the DB (inv, epm, fh) yesterday because all devices were then in questioned status.

Any ideas?

16 Replies 16

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post a screenshot illustrating the issue.

See word files attached

Maybe that could help you

one device is stock in questioned not for snmp timeout !

Yesterday all devices was stocked like this (internal data collection error)

Is this really DFM 3.1.1, or is it 3.0.1? What does the Notification Group screen look like?

Here more screen that give you the informations

Thanks. But I wanted to see what happens when you click on "Add" in the first screenshot. What does that next screen look like?

Check the first file attached on my second reply - second screen

dfmproblem

I've gone back through them all, and none of them show what I want to see (at least I don't think). Are you saying when you click the Add button, you immediately get the error dialog stating that there are no devices in the known state?

yes exactly

Try reinitializing the three databases again, but this time, also reinitialize the EMC repositories. to do this, delete the DFM.rps and DFM1.rps files under NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf. Then, add one device to DFM, and wait for it to go into a Known state. Then see if the Notification Group can be created.

Same exact problem with only one device

Each time I try to add I got the following entry in the NOS.LOG

21-Oct-2009|16:29:41.312|ERROR|NOS|TP-Processor3|NGroupWizard|setOGSFilter()|.|Exception while getting OGS filter: java.lang.Exception: Group: /CS@shsjcwk01 does not exist

Has the hostname of this server changed? Is shsjcwk01 still the hostname?

We have recreate the server when I had installed 3.1 because windows 2003 was initially not installed right. Does the name is lowercase/uppercase sensitive ? Maybe we have done a mistake ?

Attached are 2 others screens that showed you the groups configuration in CS and in DFM. The displays seem to be strange to me ! Can you check ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: