Views
Helpful
Replies

Licenses files (.lics ) used for CCM4.1 to CUCM7.1 upgrade

jonmo2578
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone...

My upgrade from CCM4.1 to 7.1 using the DMA tool seems to be a reasonable sucess and I can now access the administration and servicability pages.

I am now at the stage of updating the license files.

According to the install guide I need to obtain two licenses. One for the software and one for products.?

I applied for the software license using the PAK code in advance of the upgrade and succesfully uploaded the .lic file provided by Cisco.

The documentation is unclear regarding the product license file..

I have a licupgrade.lic created by the DMA tool, however this is not fully accepted when I try to upload it and gives the "Invalid or tampered file " error.

Am I suppose to use this file at all or has something gone wrong during the DMA export.? The DMA logs show no errors during the export.

Thank you in advance for any advice

Jon.

3 Replies 3

jonmo2578
Level 1
Level 1

I have just had a thought that the MAC address associated with the licupgrade.lic file created by the DMA tool, will now be different following the upgrade as we are using new servers...

Is this why this is not accepted and if so, how do we apply for an updated .lic with the correct number of devices ( phones, extensions etc ) from our live 4.1 version. ?

As detailed on the above description, I am getting the error "invalid or tampered file " when I try to upload.

sysjes
Level 1
Level 1

go to this link to paste ALL of the text in the license file.

https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/Licensing/PrivateRegistrationServlet?FormId=806

Here is the documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/7_1_2/upgrd712.html#wp44770

Please rate post if this helps.

Many thanks for this.. that first link look exactly what I need..

I couldnt find any reference to this at all in the Cisco documentation.!

I will give this a go and let you know how I get on..

Cheers

Jon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: