Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 881 FXS port not registering with UCM 7.1

Not applicable

Hello I have a Cisco 881 VGW with 4 fxs ports and 1 fxo port.

I am trying to configure a fxs port so i can plug a ringer into it.

I have tried to configure the port as a loop start and also a pots port

on the loop config i get registartion rejected and on the pots port config i just get unknow.

Any points in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

5 Replies 5

sysjes
Level 1
Level 1

Can you attach your config?

What do you get on a show ccm-manager?

Not applicable

In the show ccm the gateway is registered to UCM. See attached.

Also what is really quirky with the 881's is that for instance in port 4 is the fxo port but in ucm web screen you have to config in sub unit 1 and subunit 3 for it to go registerd

See attached photo

sh ccm only shows that the keepalives are being exchanged, not that it's actually registered and working.

There shouldn't be any need to configure any other ports other than the real ones to register.

Make sure you're choosing the right info in CUCM for the ports, modules and cards.

Since there is no sh run to review, i strongly recommend you to review a MGCP config guide and make sure the dial-peers have the application mgcpapp if you're doing all the config manually.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

java i am attaching the (sterilized)show run now. I am not configuring dialpeers manually doing the config thru UCM admin. I understand what you are saying about not having to configure any other port but i can honestly say it was a have to for the fxo port because the fxo port is on port 4 of the 881 vgw but sub unit 1 and 3 both had to be configured before the fxo port would go registered and that is on all my 881 in this network. If you will look at my attached picture. If i delete subunit 1 which the has 1 fxo configured on it but not registerd then my 1 fxo port on my subunit 3 which is registered with go unrgistered.

Thanks

How did you get this working?  I just got a 881 and I'm not sure how to get port "4" FXO registered with CM 7.1.5 as it only

allows the nm-4vwic-mbrd then 4 subunits.  None of which matches the Voic

e-port 4.

Thanks

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: