cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID through Auto Attendant

mabouchard
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Cisco 2821 running CME 4.1 with intergrated Unity Express. We have 2 4 port FXO cards used for inbound and outbound calling. 4 ports ring inbound to an auto attendant and the other 4 lines ring through and are bridged appearances on the helpdesk staff persons phones. The issue that I am having is that for the calls that pass through the auto attendant there is no caller ID displayed on the phone that the call is transferred to. For the lines that ring directly through it works fine. The fact that it works fine for the direct lines says that the carrier is passing the caller ID and that the FXO cards are capable of detecting it. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to isolate or resolve this issue.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

virverma
Level 4
Level 4

you can configure this in the cue as below:

se-10-0-0-0# config t

se-10-0-0-0(config)# voicemail callerid

se-10-0-0-0(config)# exit

First of all thanks for your help. Since I am not real familiar with the command interface for the voicemail I am not sure I did this correctly. I logged into CME and and then issued the "service-module service-engine 0/0 session" command. This brought me to a voicemail prompt where I was able to type:

config t

voicemail callerid

write mem

exit

I tested it without a reload and it did not work. I then saved and reloaded and tested it again. Still the same problem. When I call the main number that rings to the Auto Attendant and transfer to my extension I still get "Unknown Number" displayed on my phone. In doing some research does this have anything to do with blind transfer?

Hi,

did you check my earlier post for this,

If situation is like this,

PSTN caller calls the main number, receptionist can see the caller ID and picks up the

phone. Receptionist then transfers the call to the employee. Employee sees receptionist

number instead of the PSTN caller number.

Then this is working as designed

I did see this post and this is not what is happening as we have no receptionist. If the Auto Attendant transfers to an extension what would I expect?

virverma
Level 4
Level 4

If situation is like this,

PSTN caller calls the main number, receptionist can see the caller ID and picks up the

phone. Receptionist then transfers the call to the employee. Employee sees receptionist

number instead of the PSTN caller number.

Then this is working as designed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: