cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use wildcard certificate with CUCM Server?

Erik Peterson
Level 4
Level 4

Customer wants to use their Verisign wildcard certificate for the Tomcat cert on the CUCM servers, will this work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Wild card certificate is not supported by CUCM (or CER, or CUPS, or CUMA).

But they do support "alternative name" in certificates.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Wild card certificate is not supported by CUCM (or CER, or CUPS, or CUMA).

But they do support "alternative name" in certificates.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Great, thanks. Great book on CUPS too! :)

HTLuo,

I came across your response while trying to find out if Unity Connection supported wildcard certs. When I try to load one, I get name on certificate does not match server name. unitycnx.sample.com does not match *.sample.com.

Since our Cisco remote access VPN supports wildcard masks, I am not sure why the Unified Communications equipment does not. I would like to submit this to Cisco as a feature request. Can you think of a reason why Cisco would not or can not add this feature?

I also enjoyed your CUPS book! Do you have any plans on writing a basic book for UCCX? This is a complicated subject, but I'm sure your straightforward writing style would allow anyone to come up to speed on the basics.

Thanks,

Mark

I really can't find a reason why wildcard cert is not supported. It's so common in the field. I would recommend you submit a feature request. Maybe the development team is just waiting for enough votes to proceed. :)

Regarding UCCX, I wish I had written the book while I'm in UCCX team. It would have been much more easier. UCCX 8 is supposed to be on Linux platform. I guess I would write a book then (if my boss can spare me some time) :)

Michael

Having a customer asking for that as well,

another vote from me for suporting wildcard certificates !

Another thing is:

I did not yet find a way to import and use completely externaly generated certs

(including their public& private keys) and use them i.e. as

TLS Server Cert for the management tomcat server.

The only thing I found in the WebGUI was generating a CSR...

Did I miss something ?

Frank

Sorry, but I am often dealing with Cisco ASA firewalls and IOS Routers,

where this has been possible for years now ..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: