cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GSS root at 94%

rparrat666
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have a two GSS 4490 that are showing a 94% of used space under the root partition “/”.

We are afraid of how it could affect not only right now, but also, if it keeps growing until it reaches the 100%.

How can we prevent/solved this problem. If more info is needed, just let me know it.

Thank u. (a lot)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The '/' partition is created with 634M and it is usually full by more than 90%.

GSS mainly uses '/cisco/merlot/state', '/cisco/merlot/data/psql', '/cisco/merlot/safe-state' and '/rw' partitions for storing the data.

As the usage of these partitions is in control no need to worry about this.

Please do keep tracking the '/' portion usage and let me know if its % of usage is increasing day by day.

When I receive the tech-report, I will take a look at it and let you know if there is we see any findings.

Cheers,

David K.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dkirsch
Level 1
Level 1

Can you please get the CLI command and its output that you are using to calculating % of used space?

I would advise you open a TAC case for this as well if it's growing to that number quickly. The first thing you likely will be asked is to collect the gss tech-report (CLI command : gss tech-report ) and send it. If you wish you can forward it to me to take a look, but the best path for any significant troubleshooting is a TAC case.

Cheers,

David K. (dkirsch@cisco.com)

Thank u for the response.

It is a GSS-4492R-K9 using Cisco GSS - 2.0(2)

I didn't use any command, we found that thru the GUI (I'm attaching some screenshots).

I will collect the tech report and sent it to u before opening a TAC case, I was thinking about opening a TAC case since the beginning, but cause my skills for this technology are poor, I prefer to have an expert opinion first.

Thank u.

gss disk space 94%

gss disk space 94%

gss disk space 94%

The '/' partition is created with 634M and it is usually full by more than 90%.

GSS mainly uses '/cisco/merlot/state', '/cisco/merlot/data/psql', '/cisco/merlot/safe-state' and '/rw' partitions for storing the data.

As the usage of these partitions is in control no need to worry about this.

Please do keep tracking the '/' portion usage and let me know if its % of usage is increasing day by day.

When I receive the tech-report, I will take a look at it and let you know if there is we see any findings.

Cheers,

David K.

The GSS 'show disk' output displays plenty of free space but your monitoring tool does not.

Top 10 Volumes by Disk Space Used:

GSS glb.bns.mx 94%

glb.bns.mx#sh disk

Size Used Free

User space(/) 67189 MB 484 MB 66022 MB

GSS glb2.bns.mx 94%

glb2.bns.mx#show disk

Size Used Free

User space(/) 69367 MB 362 MB 68300 MB

We are using Solar Winds, so the problem must be on how Solar Winds gets the info.

I will post the resolution as soon as I check it.

Yeap, the / partition displaying 94% is a non-issue.

The / partition maintains system files only and has a limited partition size.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: