Views
Helpful
Replies

translation patterns

frank.majert
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo,

in my installation I have configured two different plants of our company. Plant 1 has extension 100-599, plant 2 has extension 300-899. Is there a way of setting up translation- or route patterns that we can call from one plant to the other like a internal voip call?

I think there is a way of doing this.

The translationpatterns are not the problem, I think my problem resides in configuring the css right... Does someone has a hint for me.

Both plants are configured on the same Callmanager (5.1) as independent systems with their own PSTN gateway.

Thanks in advance

regards

Frank

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

The issue you have is that you have overlapping DN`s and so to resolve the issue you need to have site codes

Plant 1 Site code 555

Plant 2 Site Code 666

Depending on how you have configure the CUCM

Do you have different Partitions per Plant so Plant 1 users are PT-PLANT1 AND Plant 2 use PT-PLANT2 as a partition?

Do you have different CSS for each Plant since they are overlapping I presume you do, also do you have different VM profiles for the same reason ?

Create 2 x CSS - "Calling Plant1" and "CSS Plant2"

In each new CSS add the partition of each site so CSS Plant 1 has the Partition for Plant 2 users and CSS Plant2 has the partitions for Plant1 users

Create 2 x new Partitions PT-CALLING-PLANT1 and PT-CALLING-PLANT2

Now create 2 x new Translation patterns - 555.xxxx ( make sure you add the dot) and assign the following

"PT-CALLING-PLANT1"

"Calling Plant1"

Ensure the predot is selected

Repeat for Plant2

666.xxxx

"PT-CALLING-PLANT2"

"Calling Plant2"

Now in the normal CSS for plant1 users add in the new Partition "PT-CALLING-PLANT2" and for Plant2 users add in their CSS PT-CALLING-PLANT1

Operation

Plant 1 users now dial 6661234 to call Plant2 users, the TP 666.XXXX will be matched due to the Partition PT-CALLING-PLANT2 in both their CSS and the new Translation Pattern you created. The TP will strip off the 666 to leave only the DN 1234, the CSS of the TP will now be matched so will ring DN 1234 of Plant 2 user only

There are other ways of the doing the same such as Flat Partitioning but this is the easiest

View solution in original post

I'm not sure if I understand the problem you are running into.

Exclude other Partitions from the CSS so that only the TP and local phones have access to the PT.

#391.XXX

TP_PT

Plant1_CSS

Plant1 Phone

Plant1_PT

Plant1_CSS

Plant1_CSS

Plant1_PT

TP_PT

#491.XXX

TP_PT

Plant2_CSS

Plant2 Phone

Plant2_PT

Plant2_CSS

Plant2_CSS

Plant2_PT

Not much different from what was posted earlier.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

The issue you have is that you have overlapping DN`s and so to resolve the issue you need to have site codes

Plant 1 Site code 555

Plant 2 Site Code 666

Depending on how you have configure the CUCM

Do you have different Partitions per Plant so Plant 1 users are PT-PLANT1 AND Plant 2 use PT-PLANT2 as a partition?

Do you have different CSS for each Plant since they are overlapping I presume you do, also do you have different VM profiles for the same reason ?

Create 2 x CSS - "Calling Plant1" and "CSS Plant2"

In each new CSS add the partition of each site so CSS Plant 1 has the Partition for Plant 2 users and CSS Plant2 has the partitions for Plant1 users

Create 2 x new Partitions PT-CALLING-PLANT1 and PT-CALLING-PLANT2

Now create 2 x new Translation patterns - 555.xxxx ( make sure you add the dot) and assign the following

"PT-CALLING-PLANT1"

"Calling Plant1"

Repeat for Plant2

666.xxxx

"PT-CALLING-PLANT2"

"Calling Plant2"

Now in the normal CSS for plant1 users add in the new Partition "PT-CALLING-PLANT2" and for Plant2 users add in their CSS PT-CALLING-PLANT1

Operation

Plant 1 users now dial 6661234 to call Plant2 users, the TP 666.XXXX will be matched due to the Partition PT-CALLING-PLANT2 in both their CSS and the new Translation Pattern you created. The TP will strip off the 666 to leave only the DN 1234, the CSS of the TP will now be matched so will ring DN 1234 of Plant 2 user only

There are other ways of the doing the same such as Flat Partitioning but this is the easiest

Hallo,

thanks for your quick answer. I have to double check but I think I nearly did the same config as you recommended.

I setup pt's and css's for each plant separately.

But I alway run in the following Problem:

I used the following Tp's

#391.xxx for the first plant in Italy with 3 digit extensions and #491.xxx for the first German plant with 3 digit extensions.

Now when a user in Plant2 (Italy) dials for example 128 which is a non configured extension in Italy, the extension 128 rings in Germany because there it is configured.

I thought to have all local pt's in the css than a pt which blocks all 3 digit extensions and after that I put in the pt to dial the other plant. But for this I used the users partition of the opposit site...

Tonight I will test what you have recommend and test it.

Thanks

Frank

I'm not sure if I understand the problem you are running into.

Exclude other Partitions from the CSS so that only the TP and local phones have access to the PT.

#391.XXX

TP_PT

Plant1_CSS

Plant1 Phone

Plant1_PT

Plant1_CSS

Plant1_CSS

Plant1_PT

TP_PT

#491.XXX

TP_PT

Plant2_CSS

Plant2 Phone

Plant2_PT

Plant2_CSS

Plant2_CSS

Plant2_PT

Not much different from what was posted earlier.

Yep, thanks for the answers.

I had a bit mismatch in css's and pt's.

It's working now

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: