Views
Helpful
Replies

csutil.exe error in ACS 4.1 for Windows

ikenna.nwafor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I try to list VSAs created on the ACS by running csutil.exe -listUDV at the cmd prompt I get the error "can not initialize schemelayer".

What could be the problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

The error "Can not initialize SchemeLayer" usually appears when you are not

logged in with the Domain Admin account.

This error comes when the account does not have priv on the system.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

The error "Can not initialize SchemeLayer" usually appears when you are not

logged in with the Domain Admin account.

This error comes when the account does not have priv on the system.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Hi,

It usually happens when the end-user is not logged into the machine with the local administrator account. The account you are using does not have full permissions on the server to run this utility.

Could you please confirm that the Windows User account that you are using to logon to the ACS server and run csutil has full Administrative rights on the "local" machine.

Are you using RDP/terminal server to do this? If so, Can you try from Console/VNC (type program) and let me know if you see the same thing? Upgrades/Installs/Backups and csutil processes are not supported via RDP sessions as they are untested and known to cause problems. It is highly possible that the RDP session account has privilege issues and hence the scheme layer is not initializing...

HTH

JK

Plz rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

Hi,

My domain account was made a local administrator on the windows box after which I logged in and successfully executed the csutil.exe program.

Thanks Guys. I appreciate the feed back.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: