cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing issue - CUCMBE Upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

My upgrade was successful but the Node license is showing as DEMO. I installed the license I recieved via the PAK and rebotted the BE Server, but it still shows up as DEMO.

I am on with TAC, but they can't seem to figure this out.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

For major release upgrade (e.g. from 7.0 to 7.1), you need "feature license".

Go to System > Licensing > License Unit Report. Look at the last block ("Software License Version"). Do you have any feature license?

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Heath,

Is this causing any issues? I wouldn't think the "Node" License would come into play in a "BE" setup as it is a single node and cannot be changed. Just a thought.

Cheers!

Rob

PS: Michael, wouldn't the "Software Feature License" be required for a 6.x to 7.x upgrade not a 7.0 to 7.1 upgrade?? Just curious. Huff

No - the server is up and running. The SW feature still says 7.0 as I understand it only show the major release.

After an hour of so with TAC and Cisco Licensing they did send me a Node License that fixed the DEMO issue.

My question now is - why didn't they send me the Node License along with the Feature licenses?

Also - they send me Unity Connection Licensing and PAK, but the upgrade of CM appeared to upgrade Unity as well. What makes this more confusing is that I did not install any new unity licensing, yet I do not have any licensing issues in unity......

Wow - I'm confused. and so was Cisco.

gary.mattson
Level 1
Level 1

I've just encountered this exact same issue.  If you still happen to have your case number I'd like to reference it when contacting TAC.  Thanks in advance!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: