cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing issue - CUCMBE Upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

My upgrade was successful but the Node license is showing as DEMO. I installed the license I recieved via the PAK and rebotted the BE Server, but it still shows up as DEMO.

I am on with TAC, but they can't seem to figure this out.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

For major release upgrade (e.g. from 7.0 to 7.1), you need "feature license".

Go to System > Licensing > License Unit Report. Look at the last block ("Software License Version"). Do you have any feature license?

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Heath,

Is this causing any issues? I wouldn't think the "Node" License would come into play in a "BE" setup as it is a single node and cannot be changed. Just a thought.

Cheers!

Rob

PS: Michael, wouldn't the "Software Feature License" be required for a 6.x to 7.x upgrade not a 7.0 to 7.1 upgrade?? Just curious. Huff

No - the server is up and running. The SW feature still says 7.0 as I understand it only show the major release.

After an hour of so with TAC and Cisco Licensing they did send me a Node License that fixed the DEMO issue.

My question now is - why didn't they send me the Node License along with the Feature licenses?

Also - they send me Unity Connection Licensing and PAK, but the upgrade of CM appeared to upgrade Unity as well. What makes this more confusing is that I did not install any new unity licensing, yet I do not have any licensing issues in unity......

Wow - I'm confused. and so was Cisco.

gary.mattson
Level 1
Level 1

I've just encountered this exact same issue.  If you still happen to have your case number I'd like to reference it when contacting TAC.  Thanks in advance!