cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Admission Control on CME

hmdavies
Level 1
Level 1

My CME uses tha same ethernet interface for local phone connections and SIP connection to remote PBX - how can I limit the number of SIP calls to the remote PBX without impacting local connectivity

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use the "max-conn" dial peer command to control the maximum number of connections over the sip trunk, for example:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 1...

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:1.1.1.1

max-conn 5

This would allow for 5 simultaneous connections through this dial peer.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

hmdavies
Level 1
Level 1

thanks, as we have multiple dial peers using a single trunk - is it possible to group the peers to have total maximum connections across all peers without limiting each peer? for example 4 peers with max 10 connections, any peer can use up to the 10 connecitons but would then stop the other peers oversubscribing the trunk

I don't know of any way to do this for multiple dial peers. One possibility would be to have all calls over the SIP trunk use a single dial peer. There are a couple of ways I can think of to do this:

1. Use an access code for calls going over the trunk, for example have users dial 8 + four digit extension, so dialing 81234 would hit this dial peer:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 8....

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:1.1.1.1

max-conn 5

You could then use a voice translation rule to strip the 8 or strip it on the PBX side.

2. You could use num-exp to essentially to the same as the above except the user would not have to dial 8. So, if you're sending 1... and 2... across the SIP trunk, configure the following:

num-exp 1... 81...

num-exp 2... 82...

You can then use the dial peer and voice translation rule suggested above.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

aah, that would work - thanks for your help