cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inventory Collection problem for RME 4.3.1 LMS 3.2

tfleitscher
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded from LMS 3.1 to LMS 3.2 and RME v 4.3.1. I have problems with the inventory collection. It will start scanning, but stops after approximately 10 devices. The rest of them will have a pending state. If I stop the collection job and start it again none (0) devices will be scanned. If I restart the ICServer it will result in the first option. That is, it will scan only 10 devices and then stop. I have extended the SNMP timeout to 30 secs and zero retries. Any suggestion would be appreciated

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is most likely some device which is causing a loop or other error in ICServer. A full thread dump of ICServer at the time it locks up will be required to analyze it further. Open a TAC service request, and they can walk you through the procedure.

I have read through the dump and cant find anything in particular. Another discovery I've made is that the SNMP walk of an unsuccessful device takes 10 times longer than a successful device. An inventory job on a unsuccessful device only goes into pending and the job never starts.

tfleitscher
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the IC_Server.log

There appears to be some database issues here. It looks like you tried a huge delete operation, and this failed. If you have a known good backup of LMS, it would probably be a good idea to restore it, and see if you can regain inventory functionality.

That is odd. I tried a huge delete operation. Deleting all the devices in RME just to try to add all and give the collection a fresh start. The delete was successfull though. At least from the GUI point of view.

It was not successful internally. Since things are in a bad state right now, try reinitializing the RME database with the command:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME

The reinit didn't help the collection status..

If the problem is the same in that inventory collection for a device locks up, and never completes, the full thread dump will be required to see what state the job and the ICServer process are in.

Did this get solved? I have the same problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: