cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with right click menu items in Campus Manager 5.2

scott.t.ross
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone! I'm having an issue with the right click menu on devices in Topology Services in Campus Manager 5.2. When I right click the device the whole menu comes up, but I can only run a couple of the items. The ones that don't work are: device attributes, port attributes, VLAN report, both RME choices, device dashboard, both IPM choices, both DFM choices, cisco view, troubleshoot, device center, and VSM. All the other menu items work, but it is annoying not having the right click option for cisco view especially. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hmm, the bug appears to be written incorrectly. The report had 1.6.0_13, and encountered the problem. So it appears to affect 1.6.0_13 and higher. Try 1.6.0_11.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do you mean they don't work? What errors do you get trying to run them? What version of Java Web Start are you using?

Thats the wierd part, they don't do anything... I get no error message or any indication that something is wrong. When you left click to select the item, the menu just dissapears. I am using Java 6_16.

I believe that is the problem. There is currently a bug in Java greater than 1.6.0_13 (CSCsz16391). The root of the problem is a change in the Java VM, and we are currently working with Sun to get it fixed. Try downgrading Java to 1.6.0_13 or lower, and see if this problem goes away.

Just uninstalled 16 and loaded 13... Same problem...

Hmm, the bug appears to be written incorrectly. The report had 1.6.0_13, and encountered the problem. So it appears to affect 1.6.0_13 and higher. Try 1.6.0_11.

11 works! Thanks for the help!