Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM6.1 DIDs question

mcecilia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have a MGCP PRI with 500 DID numbers, for example, from 99999500 to 99999550. I have Directory numbers in my site from 444200 to 444399. What I want is that all DIDs go to Attendant Console Pilot Point, except those assigned to users. Also, I want these users that call ouside identified with its own DID. All the call from users without DID should be identified with the main number, for example, 99999500. Any help, please?

2 Replies 2

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

If you have DDI range of 444200 to 444399 but on 444200- 444220, 444295- 444299 and 444300- 444310 are allocated DN`s all other DDI go to the Switchboard

Create a Partition called "ATT-CONSOLE", create a Translation pattern which matches your incoming DDI digits if you are only sent four then xxxx or 4xxx, sent 5 xxxxx or 44xxx etc. To this new TP assign a CSS to allow access to the Switchboard- create one if you need to and then add the DN of the SWB to the MASK setting in the TP. The end result is that a match at the TP will be MASKed out and replaced with the DN of the switchboard

Then in the Incoming CSS of the GW add the new Partition "ATT-CONSOLE".

Operation

A call comes in from the Telco with a user`s DDI of 4200, the CSS of the GW has two potential matches of 4XXX and a DN of 4200 - due to the partitions -"ATT-CONSOLE" and the Partition of the users in the GW`s CSS . However CUCM will match on the closet digits so 4200 will be picked and ring. If a call came in for 44241 which has not been allocated to a user then it will only match on the translation pattern you chosen above - 4xxxx , the TP will then mask out 44241 and replace it with the DN of the SWB and so will be directed to the SWB board. You may wan to create a new DN on the SWB in addition to the normal one, this new DN can be used in the TP MASK so when a call is presented on this number at the SWB knows it is because someone called a non -allocated DDI number

Hello,

Thanks for the answer.Then, you use an intermediate Partition and Translation Patterns. I understand.

But how can I solve the outgoing call identifications? All DNs should use a main DID number, but the ones that have DIDs associated should use its own.

This should happen only with calls to PSTN-

Many thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: