CCA 2.1 (.34) and overlay buttons

Unanswered Question
Oct 21st, 2009
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

I am trying to configure an overlay in CCA 2.1. My understanding of an overlay is that it allows me to use multiple extensions on one button. When I chose a phone to test an overlay configuration there are no 'available' extensions to choose from. I thought I could use any extension so I expected to see 201, 202, and 203.

What are the criteria for adding an overlay? Why am I seeing no extensions in the available extension list when creating an overlay in CCA?

Any backround info and help is appreciated.

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Saurabh Verma Thu, 10/22/2009 - 07:22
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

AFAIK, CCA 2.1 allows you to overlay the non-primary extensions. If extensions 201, 202, 203 are already assigned to users as their primary extensions, then you won't be able to configure them in an overlay. You could configure numbers assigned on 2nd button (or higher) to be part of the overlay.

HTH,

Saurabh

eoncablewire Thu, 10/22/2009 - 14:01
User Badges:

I need to know if I cant use CCA to do an overlay (?????) then can it be done at all?

Is there a better way to achieve what I want?

eoncablewire Thu, 10/22/2009 - 14:02
User Badges:

Anyone??? Anybody??? PLEEEZ I dont want to have to call TAC and go through all the ... stuff.

Saurabh Verma Fri, 10/23/2009 - 09:16
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

CCA can configure overlays for non primary extensions. Here's what I would recommend:

a) Create additional extensions in the system (by configuring them as type normal)

b) Use these extensions for overlays

I will check with the CCA team to see if they can auto populate the extensions that are not in use (or the ones that are on the primary line).

Thanks,

Saurabh

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content