cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Install Account

kiru
Level 1
Level 1

i am doing a BARS using DiRT. How do i tell what install account was used as they dont have one that says UnityInstall. i want to make sure i use the same "install" account.

All when doing BARS, is the unityadmin account usually the one to use for full backup?

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

BARS is for CCM

DIRT is for unity

Do not confuse the tools and terms

Run the PW in report mode to get the accounts used

Usually UnityAdmin is good enough for DIRT, if permissions are missing review the DIRT help online

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/DIRT/Help/index.html

There is a chapter on configuring permissions for DIRT

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

how do i run PW in report mode?

There are only 2 options available when you open the app, Set permissions or Report on current permissions...

Have you used the tool??

HTH

java

HTH

java

i dont see the option to report on the permissions when running the tool. this is on unity 4.1.1

OK, new versions DO have a report option.

In your case since the old PW doesn't have it, just start the tool and follow the wizard. It should have the last values selected for each account, just don't go all the way and cancel once you have the account.

HTH

java

HTH

java

ok i did that and its unityadmin. so that means that account has too many permissions to be able to do a successful Dirt if i click on include messages? if they have unified messaging wont their messages already be in there inbox if i dont check that option? i want all their passwords, greetings, callhandlers etc moved over.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: