cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 7 Alerting

bsugamele1
Level 4
Level 4

Howdy Netpros! I have some questions about alerting.

How do I configure email alerts in UCCX 7?

I received an email yesterday from CRSAdministrator letting me know that I was getting low on disk space on the server. How was this email generated? How do I enable more of these alerts? I would like to have some kind of alerting on the Node Manager or CRS Engine so that if the system fails over (HA), I get an email letting me know. Thanks!!

2 Replies 2

Its well laid out in the help documentation. Below is cut and paste.

Please rate if it helps.

Thanks,

Baseer.

The system can send notifications through the following three methods:

•Syslog (system log)

•SNMP traps

For e-mail notification, the eMail subsystem must be configured on the Cisco Unified CCX server. For information about configuring the eMail subsystem, see the "Provisioning the eMail Subsystem" topic.

For Syslog and SNMP trap notification, the Cisco Unified CCX Alarm service must be running, and Syslog and SNMP must be properly configured. For more information about Cisco Unified CCX Alarm service, Syslog, and SNMP, see the Cisco Unified CCX Servicing and Troubleshooting Guide.

To set purge schedule configuration parameters, complete the following steps.

Procedure

1.From the Cisco Unified CCX Administration menu bar, choose Tools > Historical Reporting.

The Historical Reporting Configuration web page opens.

1.Click the Purge Schedule Configuration hyperlink on the Historical Reporting Configuration navigation bar.

The Purge Schedule Configuration area opens. The following fields are displayed in the Purge Schedule Configuration area.

Field

Description

Send email notifications to

Email address(es) where notification is sent.

when database exceeds N% of MB

Percentage of the maximum database size at which notification is sent.

Where can be one of the following based on your database edition:

•MSDE = 2048 MB

•SQL server = 10240 MB

Initiate automatic purge when database exceeds N% of MB

Percentage of the maximum database size at which an automatic purge is initiated.

Where can be one of the following based on your database edition:

•MSDE = 2048 MB

•SQL server = 10240 MB

Auto purge data for the oldest N Days

Age of data to be purged.

1.In the Send email notifications to field, enter the e-mail address for notifications.

1.From the drop-down list in the Purge data when database size exceeds N% of 2048 MB field, accept the default, or choose another number. The default without redundancy is 70 and the default with redundancy is 55.

1.From the drop-down list in the Initiate an automatic purge when database size exceeds N% of 2048 MB, accept the default, or choose another number. The default without redundancy is 80 and the default with redundancy is 65.

1.From the drop-down menu in the Auto purge data for the oldest N days field, accept the default of 7, or choose another number.

1.Click Update.

The Purge Schedule Configuration area refreshes, and the Cisco Unified CCX system is configured with the new values.

That doesn't really answer my questions. I've looked through the help files and all they really talk about is the db purge notifications.

What I am looking for is how to configure an email alert for when a service stops...like Node Manager. That would be a useful alert.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: