Issue accessing external line

Unanswered Question
Oct 21st, 2009

We have installed a newly purchase UC500 using the setup wizard and then fine tuning. We got everything working with the exception of being able to dial out. Assuming our fine tuning broke dial out we have performed a factory reset and again set the unit up using the wizard with no fine tuning and are left with exactly the same issue!

Does anyone know if there is a bug in CCA 2.1 that relates to dialling out over BRI?

We have one BRI connected with a DDI range. Dialling in is just fine all DDI's work no issue however as soon as you hit '9' to dial out we get a bar tone. It sounds like a very fundamental issue that dial out is being denied rather than a COR issue as we get the tone immediately '9' is dialled without any other digits.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Saurabh Verma Thu, 10/22/2009 - 05:46

The configuration looks right. Can you capture some voice and isdn debugs?

Steven Smith Thu, 10/22/2009 - 13:53

Do you only have BRI 0/1/0 plugged in? 

When you did the configuration in the wizard, did you have them all in the same trunk group?  Do you plan on plugging in the remaining ports?

It looks like it picks a port, the port isn't available, then the call fails.

uipcolero Fri, 10/23/2009 - 05:46

Yes only BRI 0/1/0 plugged in.

When I did the wizard I do not recall it giving me the option to remove the other 3 from the trunk group but I have now removed them as we would not be using more than one BRI for quite some time. I have also shut down the 3 unsed BRI Ports.

This has not improved the situation. New logs attached folowing above.

Saurabh Verma Fri, 10/23/2009 - 07:17

I reviewed the logs briefly, looks like you are only dialing 9. Since there isn't any additional digit dialed, it fails to match an appropriate dial-peer and terminates the call. Have you tried dialing the entire number 9+PSTN_Number?

Steven Smith Fri, 10/23/2009 - 07:35

12:31:12.215 digit = 9

After that, I see no further digits.

I do see another 9 dialed at...

The system will give you a secondary dialtone when you dial 9 for an outbound call.  You can just keep dialing the digits.

This Discussion

Related Content