Views
Helpful
Replies

%Error opening tftp://

gopi_b4u2003
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone help me on this . I am getting error when i take configuration backup from switch throught TFTP server.

I am using TFTP32 server and the switch model is 2950.

flash:/c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-22.EA4.bin.

Thanks in advance

Gopinath.L

9 Replies 9

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you mean that you want to copy the running-config to the TFTP server? Can you ping your TFTP server from your switch? If yes, then the command should be something like

copy running tftp://1.1.1.1/SW1_run.txt

Regards,

jerry

Hi,

Thanks fpr your prompt response.Pls clarify 1.1.1.1 will be the tftp server ip or switch ip

Gopi

1.1.1.1 is the TFTP server IP address. I just use that as a sample, sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

jerry

Hi,

I tried with the Given command by you. still the problem persist.I am also facing the same problem in all the switches in thatlocation.

(2950,2960,3750)I can able to ping the TFTP server ip also.

Regards

Gopinath.L

Can you log the screen and show us what you have done?

Please include a ping before trying the copy command.

Regards,

jerry

Kindly find the attchment

Regards

Gopinath

Gopinath,

Hi, How are you doing?

- To make sure that the tftp service is already running. Winbox, a "netstat -an" command will reveal the tftp port that is already waiting for the connection or not. UDP/69 is what you must see there.

- Don't tell me that you're having a personal firewall runing on your computer. Please stop it for a while or try to manaully allow the connection to TFTP port if you can. (grin)

HTH,

Toshi

Be sure your local firewall is off and be sure you have your TFTP server actually up and running on the location you are transferring the file to.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The syntax is "copy ". So if you want to copy the switch config to the tftp server, then it's

copy flash:config.text tftp:///

Alternatively, if you want the running config then it's

copy running tftp:///

Another method is to do a sh run command and log it into a notepad or something. Then save the notepad into the TFTP server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card