cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS NM-WAE License?

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi friends, sorry if this is a silly question, I have a C2811 with a NM-WAE-502.

How can I check is the license is an Enterprise or transport?

If I have a transport license, How can I upgrade to Enterprise License?

Thanks for the info guys

David

3 Replies 3

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

David,

On 4.1.x, you should do a "show license" and it will show you the output like this...

WAE1#sh license

License Name Status Activation Date Activated By

-------------- ----------- --------------- --------------

Transport not active

Enterprise active 06/09/2009 setAtUpgrade

Video not active

If you only have transport license registered, but purchased the Enterprise license, then you can clear the license and add the Enterprise. (clear license ....., add license ....).

Hope that helps,

Dan

Hi Dan, thanks for your great post. Actually I'm running the NM-WAE 4.0.17 version, is it possible to check the license type and upgrade it if it is the transport license?

Thanks again

David

David,

That should make it much easier. WAAS 4.0.x doesn't have any of those commands, your box should already be running the Enterprise License. Really the only way I can think of to check it is to attempt to add the CIFS Edge service to it and see if it enables.

The NME-302 only could support transport license, however the NME-502 usually already had enterprise license enabled.

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: