cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netconfig Ad Hoc and System Tasks Missing

jwright
Level 1
Level 1

I recently upgraded to LMS 3.2 with RME 4.3.1. I don't have the option to create ad hoc jobs and I don't see any system tasks available. The tasks folder expands to reveal nothing.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Eh, I had a typo. The DSN name is rmeng:

E:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>perl E:\Progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can't reproduce. Post the netconfigclient.log. Was Daemon Manager recently restarted? If so, ConfigMgmtServer may still be processing the templates. In that case, you should wait awhile longer, and see if the tasks come up.

The server was recently restarted but only because the problem existed in RME 4.3.0 and I updated to 4.3.1 to see if it resolved my problem. Server has been up approx. 20 minutes now with the same result. Log file posted.

Thanks Joe!

Twenty minutes is not long enough. I typically wait at least 30. If, after 30, you're still seeing this problem, post the output of the pdshow command. So far, the logs could point to an initialization problem, or simply a timing issue.

Still not working. Pdshow output attached.

Post the new netconfigclient.log, dcmaclient.log, and dcmaservice.log after reproducing the problem.

attached

and the last attachment

Post the list of contents under NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib/pkgs.

attached

Post the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and stderr.log.

attached

Your RME database was not properly upgraded. It looks like it's missing required RME 4.3 schema updates. If you have a known good backup of LMS from before you upgraded to 4.3, it would be a good idea to restore it so database migration can be redone. If not, you will need to reinitialize the RME database:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmenf dmprefix=RME

I have a backup from 10-14-09 so I can restore it. What is the process to redo database migration?

Follow the remote upgrade instructions from https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.2/data_migration/guide/dmg_win.html#wp1146241 . In this case, though, both server A and B will be the same server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco