cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with RME Syslog (LMS 3.1 with W2003)

g.palavecino
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm Guilliano and have problems with the operation of syslogcollector and sysloganalysis. The current situation is:

* Unsubscribe the host that was active and I can not subscribe to another host because I get the error: SLCA0152 and SLCA0126. I followed the steps in the User Guide 4.2, and Instalation Guide RME LMS 3.1 and I can not solve the problem. I try to create the certificate that indicates the error in the Commun Services, but does not believe it.

* In windows critical messages appears: DCR is down or inaccessible.

In advance, thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Guilliano Palavecino R.

Support Engineer

Adexus S.A

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the output of the pdshow command as well as the output of "netstat -a -n -o -b".

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the output of the pdshow command as well as the output of "netstat -a -n -o -b".

Hi jclarke, Here is the file pdshow and netstat.

It appears some daemons were stopped and started manually, and this has left LMS in a bad state. Restart Daemon Manager, and if the problems persist, post the new pdshow and netstat output before trying to do any daemon changes.

JClarke, I realize what that says. also restart the server. the problem persists and I can not subscribe to the syslog server tools from RME.

Deputy pdshow file and netstat.

Hi, the problem persists. Who can help?

It appears SyslogCollector is not initializing properly. This typically means there is a problem reading the syslog.log file. Post the SyslogCollector.log.

thanks. here is the file.

Post the C:/PROGRA~1/CSCOpx\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\classes\com\cisco\nm\rmeng\csc\data\Collector.properties file.

here is the file (2).

Shutdown SyslogCollector and SyslogAnalyzer:

pdterm SyslogCollector SyslogAnalyzer

Then delete NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/rmeng/csc/data/Subscribers.dat,

NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/rmeng/sa/data/collectors.dat, and empty out the contents of NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/classes/com/cisco/nm/rmeng/csc/data/filters.dat. Then restart the daemons:

pdexec SyslogCollector SyslogAnalyzer

See if syslog works again.

ok. I now see that the server has been subscribed, but it is in state NA.

UP......

ok. I now see that the server has been subscribed, but it is in state NA.

Post the new SyslogCollector.log.

ok. thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: