cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.3.1 - PSIRT EOS/EOL Software Report fails using local file.

eidumsigfrid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been experiencing CSCta76147 / CSCtc36563 with RME 4.3.1 using a proxy to fetch EoS/EoL data from cisco.com

The workaround provided by Cisco was to use local files obtained from:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/front.x/eox/RME_PSIRT_DETAILS.pl?action=zipdownload

and

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/front.x/eox/RME_PSIRT_DETAILS.pl?action=eoxsoftware

I have uploaded both files PSIRT_EOX_OFFLINE.txt and eox_soft.xml into the following directory:

/var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/jobs/inventory/reports/EOX_PSIRT/local_xml/

I set permissions on both files for casuser.

The PSIRT EoS/EoL Hardware and Summary Reports now run succesfully.

The PSIRT EoS/EoL Software report fails with the following error:

"INVREP0108: Local file containing XML data is not available. Since the report option is selected as Local, local file is needed to generate the report."

Any suggestions?

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The help is misleading when it comes to the EOX software data. You must NOT extract the EOX_SOFTWARE.zip file. Instead, move this file to the local_xml directory as-is. Make sure the ownership is casuser:casusers, and you will be able to run the report.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

eidumsigfrid
Level 1
Level 1

I have attached the extract of the invreports.log when I try to run the software report.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The help is misleading when it comes to the EOX software data. You must NOT extract the EOX_SOFTWARE.zip file. Instead, move this file to the local_xml directory as-is. Make sure the ownership is casuser:casusers, and you will be able to run the report.

Excellent, love your work. Fixed.

Yeah the RME help needs updating to reflect.

Cheers. :)

I have since filed CSCtc75341 to track the problem with the online help.