cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.3.1 - PSIRT EOS/EOL Software Report fails using local file.

eidumsigfrid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been experiencing CSCta76147 / CSCtc36563 with RME 4.3.1 using a proxy to fetch EoS/EoL data from cisco.com

The workaround provided by Cisco was to use local files obtained from:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/front.x/eox/RME_PSIRT_DETAILS.pl?action=zipdownload

and

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/front.x/eox/RME_PSIRT_DETAILS.pl?action=eoxsoftware

I have uploaded both files PSIRT_EOX_OFFLINE.txt and eox_soft.xml into the following directory:

/var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/jobs/inventory/reports/EOX_PSIRT/local_xml/

I set permissions on both files for casuser.

The PSIRT EoS/EoL Hardware and Summary Reports now run succesfully.

The PSIRT EoS/EoL Software report fails with the following error:

"INVREP0108: Local file containing XML data is not available. Since the report option is selected as Local, local file is needed to generate the report."

Any suggestions?

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The help is misleading when it comes to the EOX software data. You must NOT extract the EOX_SOFTWARE.zip file. Instead, move this file to the local_xml directory as-is. Make sure the ownership is casuser:casusers, and you will be able to run the report.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

eidumsigfrid
Level 1
Level 1

I have attached the extract of the invreports.log when I try to run the software report.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The help is misleading when it comes to the EOX software data. You must NOT extract the EOX_SOFTWARE.zip file. Instead, move this file to the local_xml directory as-is. Make sure the ownership is casuser:casusers, and you will be able to run the report.

Excellent, love your work. Fixed.

Yeah the RME help needs updating to reflect.

Cheers. :)

I have since filed CSCtc75341 to track the problem with the online help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: