cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAC and VmWare

simon.maclean
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone run NAC in a Vmware session? What are the settings for VMWare?

7 Replies 7

Faisal Sehbai
Level 7
Level 7

Simon,

Before 4.5 it worked. After 4.5 the install script checks for Cisco hardware.

In either case, VM setup with CCA isn't supported so if you're thinking of production setup with that, just be aware that it won't be TAC supported.

HTH,

Faisal

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

You can however install nac 4.6 or later on vmware ESX server if you choose linux 32 bit other and allocate the memory as per the release notes. I have that setup and it works fine.

However as Faisal said it wont be supported by TAC.

Hi,

I've upgraded NAC server (CAS) from release 4.5 to 4.7 running in my LAB setup under VWWARE ESX server.

Immediately, if I add CAS under NAC manager (CAM), CPU of CAS is almost 100% - process "kclick".

Same behavior seems to be with fresh 4.7 installation. Only interface Eth0 is connected during adding CAS under CAM (it was requirement within 4.5 release as I know).

How to solve this problem? I'm using demo license.

Ladislav

Ladislav,

This is unsupported. Please try on an appliance and if you see the same thing we can help.

HTH,

Faisal

Hi friend,

Do  you think that can I use NAC on VMWare Server?

thanks a lot

Daniel,

Not sure about the question. If you're asking about installing NAC servers on VM, then it's not supported. If you're talking about NAC'ing VM clients, that can work in certain configurations/scenarios.

HTH,

Faisal

thanks Faisal,

but my question is about installing NAC on VMW, anyway you raised a good question.

Is there any information or how can NAC improve more security on VMWare enviroments?

thanks a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: