Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5505-SEC-PL Vs ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K9

sysadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Gents and Ladies,

I have a question about the licensing on the ASA. I have found on a Cisco website the following:

Cisco ASA 5505 Security Plus bundle ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K9

#Includes Cisco ASA 5505, unlimited users, 8-port Fast Ethernet switch, stateful firewall, 25 IPsec VPN peers, 2 SSL VPN peers, stateless Active/Standby high availability, dual ISP support, DMZ support, 3DES/AES license, and 1 expansion slot

#Cisco ASA 5505 Security Plus bundle ASA5505-SEC-PL

Cisco ASA 5505 Security Plus license (provides stateless Active/Standby high availability, dual ISP support, DMZ support, VLAN trunking support, and increased session and IPSec VPN peer capacities)

Questions:

a) What's the difference between the two? other than the obvious ones like VLAN Trunking and increased session and VPN peer capacities

b) Can we pick as to which one we can get or is one of them is a license and the other is a product bundle (inclusive of hardware + that license)

I'm getting conflicting information from people so wanted to get this sorted out once and for all

Thanks so much in advance

knoa IT

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It's an all or nothing license upgrade and this is the only one offered.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K9 is the hardware and the Security Plus license. ASA5505-SEC-PL is the software license only, no hardware.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/prod_brochure0900aecd80402e36.html

Hope that clears things up.

Yes it does. Thank you.

Last question: Is this the license we have to have if all we need from the extra features is the ability to use DMZ or is there a lower/cheaper license we can get JUST to open DMZ and nothing else?

Thank

Knoa IT

It's an all or nothing license upgrade and this is the only one offered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: