cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No admin access to PIX 501 Firewall

cmc
Level 1
Level 1

We've inherited the above, and it functions well, except we now need to open a few ports for a new application.

We type in its address (192.168.0.1), are asked for a id/pwd, a pop-up appears showing a grpahic that links to the Cisco site, some stats, and a message not to close this pop-up and a new one will be opening (obviously not verbatim). The next pop-up never opens, and we cannot make any changes to the settings.

I am looking for a little insight into where we are amiss. I would like to avoid factory defaults as there are some settings we need to log first.

Any insight is appreciated, thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dan

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dan,

Can you use telnet to get to the CLI?

Brandon

Brandon,

We can telnet to it, are asked for a password, and are stopped at that point. I've got a feeling we may not be able to access this without doing a factory reset. I thought I read somewhere where we can submit the serial number and some additional info and ain access through a code from Cisco.

I just need to open a few additional ports on this to accomodate some new software...while retaining the current settings.

Any hope?

Dan

You can reset the password on the PIX. See the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_password_recovery09186a008009478b.shtml

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card