cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No admin access to PIX 501 Firewall

cmc
Level 1
Level 1

We've inherited the above, and it functions well, except we now need to open a few ports for a new application.

We type in its address (192.168.0.1), are asked for a id/pwd, a pop-up appears showing a grpahic that links to the Cisco site, some stats, and a message not to close this pop-up and a new one will be opening (obviously not verbatim). The next pop-up never opens, and we cannot make any changes to the settings.

I am looking for a little insight into where we are amiss. I would like to avoid factory defaults as there are some settings we need to log first.

Any insight is appreciated, thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dan

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dan,

Can you use telnet to get to the CLI?

Brandon

Brandon,

We can telnet to it, are asked for a password, and are stopped at that point. I've got a feeling we may not be able to access this without doing a factory reset. I thought I read somewhere where we can submit the serial number and some additional info and ain access through a code from Cisco.

I just need to open a few additional ports on this to accomodate some new software...while retaining the current settings.

Any hope?

Dan

You can reset the password on the PIX. See the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_password_recovery09186a008009478b.shtml

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card