cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Question

SuperGenius
Level 1
Level 1

I have been assigned the title of "phone guy" here and I have been presented with a question I cannot answer. We have Unity 7 and CM 6 installed about 6 months ago. On some of our phone (7945) when the call is directed to voice mail, there is a windows that appears on the phone that displays "Cisco Unity... greeting caller." Then when the caller is leaving a message "Recording message with the options to ask, take, monitor appear on the soft buttons. I did have this feature on my phone, now it is gone and where some people didn't have it, it has appeared.

What is this feature called? Where do I turn it on and off? CM? Unity? Is there documentation on it?

Thanks in advance,

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John, I believe if the user only has one endpoint with their primary DN configured that it should just work if everything is setup right. If their DN appears on more than one device then Unity does not know which one to bind to and thus the user must enable the feature over the phone. There may be other conditions in which Unity does not automatically bind to the users phone (I have to admit I am not an expert on this feature), but in general it should be automatic if configured correctly.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

The particuliar feature is called Message Monitor and is part of the Phone View Features released in Cisco Unity 5.0(1).

See the Managing Phone View Features and Remote Message Monitor topic in the System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Release 5.x (With Microsoft Exchange)

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/ex/5xcusag115e.html

Thanks for the help. I have downloaded the chapter and checked the settings on CM and Unity. Everything seems to be in order and set up the correct way. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot why some phones work and other do not?

Thanks in advance,

John

From the subscribers phone where Message Monitor is not enabled, have them login to their mailbox from their phone and press 4 for Setup Options, 3 for Personal Settings, 6 for Message Monitor and choose to enable Message Monitor for this phone.

Thanks so much, that did it. Is there a way to turn this on at every phone? Is that the "To Enable Visual Message Locator by Using the Bulk Edit Utility" on page 12-3 of the System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity (With MS Exchage) release 5.x?

TIA

John

John, I believe if the user only has one endpoint with their primary DN configured that it should just work if everything is setup right. If their DN appears on more than one device then Unity does not know which one to bind to and thus the user must enable the feature over the phone. There may be other conditions in which Unity does not automatically bind to the users phone (I have to admit I am not an expert on this feature), but in general it should be automatic if configured correctly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: