cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCX 4 - Calls being marked as abandoned

David Graham
Level 1
Level 1

Our call center is set up to receive calls between 7AM and 7PM. Whne a call comes in during the non-business hours the call goes to a message that says please call back during business hours.

What we have been seeing for a while and are hoping to correct is that if someone calls in during the non-business hours their calls are being marked as abandoned. When I run Historical Reports it shows all of those calls.

My question would be is this normal? I started looking through the code and do not see where this would be turned on by the code. Is there some function I could look for and turn off?

Historical Reports does not give filtering on this to only show me abandoned calls between 7AM and 7PM, so having to look at these extra abandoned calls is a slight pain.

Is this normal behavior or is this something that can be controlled by code so I could fix it.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Griffin
Level 4
Level 4

If you want calls that are answered by the script after business hours to *NOT* be treated as abandoned calls then you simply need to add a 'Set Contact Info' step in just before you play the closed prompt.

In the step set the 'handled' parameter to be 'marked' and the call will not be considered abandoned when the caller, or your script, terminate the call.

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

If people are hanging up during this message (I would) then they may be flagged as "Abandon at VRU".

I don't know much about Express, but in Enterprise you solve this problem by placing the measuring component (the call type) after this section of the flow so these ones are ignored.

Can you control this?

Regards,

Geoff

Steven Griffin
Level 4
Level 4

If you want calls that are answered by the script after business hours to *NOT* be treated as abandoned calls then you simply need to add a 'Set Contact Info' step in just before you play the closed prompt.

In the step set the 'handled' parameter to be 'marked' and the call will not be considered abandoned when the caller, or your script, terminate the call.

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

Great answer. Thanks for reminding me.

Regards,

Geoff

makes good sense. This step should work fine in both enterprise and xpress same way.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: