Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with a Cisco 837

elias.manchon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks!!

I have a problem with a cisco 837. When I connect the device to ADSL line, the CD led is off, the TX and RX leds are blinking. On the ADSL line exist other router that I want to replace with it and this other work fine.

Could somebody help me please?

Thanks in advance!!.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, it would not.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post "show dsl interface".

Hi p.bevilacqua

I cannot run "show dsl interface" on the router, because it's in the other business. But I have to say you that I suspect that DSL line is a ITU G.992.5 and I think that this router model not support this line type. This reason is sufficient for the cd led is switch off?.

Thanks in advance.

If should synchronize nevertheless at a lower speed. There is newer firmware that you can try.

Where is the firmware?. I had understood that this model not supported ADSL2+. Then I'm wrong about this question?.

Thanks.

Check:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps221/prod_bulletin0900aecd801d5c4c.html

However an adsl2 router would be the best choice.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

You want to me that I update my firmware with the last versión, it would support ADSL2+?.

Thanks

No, it would not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: