Helpful
Replies

spa-2100 - upgrade failed

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Shintetsu,

Oops!  :-)

I deleted the attachment and the rest of the thread, including your request for firmware. I apologize.

The firmware attachment in the community appears to be faulty.

My local version of the firmware is good and can uncompress without error.

Please contact me at paborn at Cisco and I will send you the firmware.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

14 Replies 14

shintetsu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thank you for your help.  I am not sure how can I contact with you at Cisco.  Please send me the latest firmware for spa-2100.

shintetsu

Hi shintetsu,

What he meant was for you to send him an email at his email address: paborn @ cisco.com (without the spaces).

Thank you,

Cisco Moderation Team

shintetsu
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Pat,

It won't take 3.3.14 firmware with the error: Upgrade Failed: Version not matching.  What is the latest firmware version for this paticular hardware version?

Software Version 3.3.9

Hardware Version 1.0.0 (4e16)

Product Name SPA-2100

Thank you.

Shintetsu

Hi Shintetsu,

Your device should be able to accept 3.3.14 without problems. Sometimes the upgrade utility reports a failure even when the device did upgrade. Please take a look at the Info page to check what version the device is running, don't forget to clear your browser's cache first, else you may be looking at old data.

If the device has not upgraded, please attempt the upgrade again.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

I sent the binary bin file to you so you can attempt the upgrade with a TFTP server instead of using the upgrade utility.

Hopefully, one of these upgrade methods will get your device upgraded.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

******** email contents for the sake of the community

I’ve attached the binary file for you to try.

You need a TFTP server to serve this file and then use a browser to request the upgrade as follows:

http://IPADDRESSofSPA/upgrade?tftp://TFTPADDRESS/SPAFILE.bin

For example: http://192.168.2.20/upgrade?tftp://192.168.2.100/spa2100-3-3-14.bin

where:

• 192.168.2.20 is SPA2100
  • 192.168.2.100 is TFTP server

****** end of email contents

Dear Pat,

After factory reset (IVR Menu 73738) and turn off windows firewall, upg-spa2100-3-3-14.exe file was able to upgrade the firmware from 3.3.9 to 3.3.14.  Thank you so much for your support.

Shintetsu

Hi Shintetsu,

I'm glad that you were able to successfully upgrade your SPA2100. Thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Hi, I also need to upgrade mine. Can you please send me the file?

Thanks

Cristine

Hi Cristine,

Contact me at paborn at Cisco.com and I'll send you the upgrade. I can't post it here because the attached file is always corrupted. :-(

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

I don't know why you say the file is always corrupt.  I was able to download from here and intall it without any problems.

You may want to post it again so people can download it.

Thanks for the help,

Mark

>I don't know why you say the file is always corrupt.  I was able to download from here and intall it without any problems.

>

>You may want to post it again so people can download it.

>

>Thanks for the help,

>Mark

yes, please do post. it can only work or not. :-) we'll be able to tell if the file is corrupt if, i assume, it is zip'd or similar.

thanks

freeman-a

Hi Mark,

Here you go, SPA2100_03-03-14.zip 1,916 kB compressed file containing the executable upgrade utility and the binary file. The binary file is only needed if you use a TFTP server to upgrade.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

I've just checked and this file is good and downloads and uncompresses without problem.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Where can we find the release notes for this firmware version (3.3.14) and previous ones?

Also, will there be any further firmware releases beyond 3.3.14 for the SPA2100, maintenance or otherwise?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: