Views
Helpful
Replies

AUTH after TLS

gvgo_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

hi at all

I´ve a problem when send messages to a provider that requires us to stablish a tls connection an then send it a user name and password.

On my old MTA these scenario works fine, but if i use our news C360 appliances I cannot deliver messages to the provider. On the logs of the appliances i can see the TLS session stablished but appears that the c360 don not send the credentials...

The log seems like this:

SMTP delivery connection (DCID 153865) opened from IronPort interface 194.xxx.yyy.zzz to IP address 194.aaa.bbb.ccc on port 25.
23 Oct 2009 12:01:45 (GMT +0200)

Delivery connection (DCID 153865) successfully accepted TLS protocol TLSv1 cipher RC4-MD5 .23 Oct 2009 12:01:45 (GMT +0200)

SMTP authentication failed at delivery connection (DCID 153865), IP address 194.aaa.bbb.ccc using profile provider_credentials. Details: ('504', ['5.7.4 Unrecognized authentication type '])23 Oct 2009 12:01:46 (GMT +0200)
(DCID 153865) Delivery started for message 186001 to user@remote.domain.com.23 Oct 2009 12:01:46 (GMT +0200)

(DCID 153865) Message 186001 to user@remote.domain.com bounced by destination server. Reason: 5.1.0 - Unknown address error ('505', ['5.7.3 Client was not authenticated'])

Any help will be appreciated

4 Replies 4

steven_geerts
Level 1
Level 1

hello GVGO,

I think you best open a support case for this.

Steven

gvgo_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

The problem is that c360 does not support AUTH LOGIN for outbound authentication.
It only supports AUTH PLAIN mechanism.

My partner´s MTA only supports AUTH LOGIN authentication......then In can not send messages to my partner using C360 Ironport´s appliances.

This is a very important lack of funcionality that Ironport should correct.

Andrew Wurster
Level 1
Level 1

if you don't think it's supported - and have confirmed first with customer support that no feature requests exist - you can fill out our new feature request form:

http://tinyurl.com/mm8r26

in any case, yes i noticed that authenticated relays are pretty limited - so please send in your requests!

thanks!

andrew

gvgo_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

if you don't think it's supported - and have confirmed first with customer support that no feature requests exist - you can fill out our new feature request form:

http://tinyurl.com/mm8r26

in any case, yes i noticed that authenticated relays are pretty limited - so please send in your requests!

thanks!

andrew

Hi Andrew thanks a lot for your response.
For this case there is a feature request.

I do not know if there are a lot of aythenticated relays or not...but I have the problem with two diferent partners....

Best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: