Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks LMS 2.6 / DFM 2.0.10 Not Showing CPU Util

v_saru
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The DFM 2.0.10 Device Details for C6509 switch shows CPU as managed, however shows utilization as unavailable. We want to set up alerts for CPU spike and it is not working as data is not being captured.

Any idea or pointers in the right direction is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Something is wrong with your SNMPv3 config. Reconfigure SNMPv3 with something like:

snmp-server group cwpriv v3 auth read v1default notify *tv.FFFFFFFF.FFFFFFFF.FFFFFFFF.0000000F

snmp-server user nwadmin cwpriv v3 auth ALGO PASSWORD

Where ALGO is one of md5 or sha and PASSWORD is the SNMPv3 authNoPriv password. That should allow you to poll this device.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Start a sniffer trace filtering on udp/161 traffic to this switch, and let it run for at least eight minutes. That should capture two polling cycles. Post the capture file.

Thanks for the quick response.

Attached is the capture file.

There was no filter applied. What is the IP address of the switch in question?

Oops - switch IP is 172.23.1.2

Thank you.

It appears you have misconfigured this device as all of the SNMP responses are coming back as noSuchObject. Post the show run from this switch.

Hi,

Thanks. Config is attached. I do know the switch sends syslog messages to the CW server as I have set up Syslog Automated action to capture config changes and it is working.

Remove this line:

snmp-server view v1default ciscoFlashMIB excluded

Then rediscover the device in DFM, and see if the CPU data is found after four minutes.

Thank you.

I removed the line and did a rediscovery for the CORE devices in DFM, but it is still showing the CPU Util as unavailable.

If I remember correct, I had similar issue for ASA with DFM 2.0.10 last year and TAC had a patch from DEV group applied to oid2type_Cisco.conf file, which I was asked to replace the one in \objects\smarts\conf\discovery\oid2type_Cisco.conf

Thanks again for looking into this.

Post the new sniffer trace.

Thank you. Attached is the new capture.

The device is still replying with noSuchObject. Post the output of "show snmp user", "show snmp group", and "show snmp view" from this switch.

sh snmp output attached.

Thanks.

Something is wrong with your SNMPv3 config. Reconfigure SNMPv3 with something like:

snmp-server group cwpriv v3 auth read v1default notify *tv.FFFFFFFF.FFFFFFFF.FFFFFFFF.0000000F

snmp-server user nwadmin cwpriv v3 auth ALGO PASSWORD

Where ALGO is one of md5 or sha and PASSWORD is the SNMPv3 authNoPriv password. That should allow you to poll this device.

Thank you.

"snmp-server user nwadmin cwpriv v3 auth md5 c1db5z3" is what I had initially which does not show up in the config.

The first line worked I think as I saw the test CPU util alert I set up with 1% thershold firing immediately.

Let me monitor this further and update.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: