Wrong message when all BRI are busy.

Unanswered Question
Oct 23rd, 2009

Hi all, I wonder If someone can help me. I have a problem on my UC520; if all trunks are busy and if you dial a number you hear a fast busy tone and read on the display set "unknown number". This is wrong because cause confusion on the customer and they call me saying that I made a mistake on the configuration. I think the system should say " no free lines " or " no lines " or something different than "unknown number". Don't you think?

Is there a way to fix this?

Best Regards,:)

Jose Carlos

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Saurabh Verma Fri, 10/23/2009 - 15:16

Hi Jose,

If there are no channels available for outbound calls, there shouldn't be any display on the IP Phone, it should just show the number that was dialed and play a fast-busy tone. Are you sure you are not getting something back on the ISDN lines? Can you capture some voice and phone debugs?

Under Troubleshoot > Telephony Diagnostics > Voice Debug Log, capture debugs for Dial Plan and ISDN

Under Toubleshoot > Telephony Diagnostics > Phone Debug Log, select the IP Phone that you will be making the test calls from.

Once the debugs are enabled, Generate the troubleshooting logs.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Jose Carlos Silva Mon, 10/26/2009 - 03:19

Hi Saverma, thanks for your reply.

This problem also happens, and I tried on my lab, even if don't have the BRI cable connected to the UC520. So this is not anything that comes back from the ISDN lines. As long  the lines are busy I have the message on the set screen "unknown number".

Below is the configuration of my BRI line:

interface BRI0/1/0
no ip address
isdn switch-type basic-net3
isdn point-to-point-setup
isdn incoming-voice voice
isdn sending-complete
isdn static-tei 0
trunk-group ALL_BRI

Hope this is clear to you.

Best Regards,

Jose Carlos